Spring Quinoa Bowl
The Perfect Healthy Meal For Spring Time!
Yield: SERVES 1
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 15 MINUTES
For the Lemon Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons golden or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Quinoa Bowl:
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 asparagus spears, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the arugula in a salad bowl. Top the arugula with the quinoa, asparagus, peas, radishes, avocado, egg slices, and almonds. Drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Note-you probably won’t use all of the dressing. Store leftover dressing in a jar in the refrigerator for up to one week. I usually make this salad when I have leftover asparagus, quinoa, and hard boiled eggs so it doesn’t take long to put together. You can cook everything the same day and it still won’t take too long. Make extra so you can eat it a few days in a row for lunch!