Prep time Cook time Total time Serves
15 mins 15 mins 30 mins 4
- 1 large flatbread or naan, or 2 small (I used Stonefire brand- my favorite!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other favorite cheese such as monterey jack or pepperjack for a spicier version)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thickness + salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a pan or skillet on the stove over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Dice chicken and set aside.
- Brush flatbread with olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, red peppers, and bacon. Place on a lightly greased sheet of foil and bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- While flatbread is baking, whisk together ranch dressing and chipotle seasoning. When flatbread is finished baked, top with avocado, cilantro, and crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing and serve immediately.
*This recipe is written as an appetizer that will feed four. If you want to use this recipe for a main dish, double the recipe!!
*For the sauce, you can use any brand of store bought chipotle seasoning or a homemade version. If you have neither, you can drizzle the ranch dressing straight up!